Friday, August 3, 2012

Upcycled bag made of tetra

A while ago I pinned a nice upcycled bag on Pinterest, that I found on destinationweddingstore. I found that is was repinned immediately by other pinners. I adored this bag as well, and also the idea to create a bag out of tetra myself, because it is a durable and waterproof material. Last week I started this DIY project, and made myself a bag out of milk packs.

The result is pretty pretty: It is a small square bag with two handles, which can contain my wallet, phone, keys and agenda and more small stuff. I added one of my upcycled tags to one of the handels, to give it a personal touch. For my sewing machine, it was quite a heavy job: I broke two needles while making this bag, but it was definitely worth the effort.

I have a feeling that this is the first, but certainly not the last bag that I will make out of tetra. This first experiment will certainly be followed by other bags, purses, pouches and boxes. To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment